Areas of Practice
News and Events
June 6, 2016
Tangi A. Carter
1. You named a couple to act as guardians when you don’t really want both people in the
couple and you haven’t said what should happen if the couple broke up or one of the
partners in the couple died.
2. You only named one possible guardian. What if something happens to your first choice?
3. You have not considered financial resources when deciding who should raise your children. Your guardians do not have to (and often should not) be financial decision makers for your children.
4. You only have a Will, which means the Court will distribute your money, it’s totally public, and it does not protect your money if your children divorce or they are sued.
5. You did not exclude anyone who might challenge your guardian decisions or who you know
you would never want to care for your children.
6. You only named guardians for the long-term and did not make any arrangements for the short term. What would happen in those immediate hours until your permanent guardians could arrive?
Just as it is difficult for many of us to talk about our ultimate death, it is also difficult for doctors to talk about this eventuality with their pa...
End-of-Life Communication and Care: A Struggle Most Physicians Encounter
October 18, 2016
couple and you haven’t said what should happen if the couple br...
6 Common Mistakes Most Parents Make When Naming Guardians as Part of Their Estate Plan
December 7, 2018
We are thankful for...
October 23, 2018
There is something scarier than the Boogie Man -- A DUI arrest!!!!!
October 1, 2018
Don’t get benched on Game Day: How to tailgate safely
September 11, 2018
School’s in session: Don’t learn this lesson the hard way
August 13, 2018
Yes, you can get a DWI on a tractor. But that isn't all
July 18, 2018
Meet Mallory Umbehagen
July 12, 2018
What are the DUI laws in Mississippi?
June 19, 2018
So you were pulled over after drinking. Now what?
June 12, 2018
Meet Aili Obandja
January 24, 2018
December 2018 (1)
October 2018 (2)
September 2018 (1)
August 2018 (1)
July 2018 (2)
June 2018 (2)
January 2018 (1)
December 2017 (1)
July 2017 (1)
March 2017 (1)
January 2017 (1)
October 2016 (1)
June 2016 (1)
May 2016 (1)
March 2016 (4)